Turning the small reading light on you bend down to detatch the thing stuck to your foot… its repulsive and defiantly not yours – it’s a lovely (used) condom…. We all have our terror tales from hostels but I’ve composed a short list of things that everyone should do if they want to befriend their fellow dormies.
- Upon getting home at 3am, turn every light in the room on
Trust me, the people on both the top and bottom bunks want to know you got home safely, hear about how many boys/girls you kissed and how you out-drank the boys… before finding the nearest pot-plant to do a sneaky vom in, even if it means they get woken up before their alarm sounds for their 6am train.
- Have really loud sex in a 8-person dorm
After ‘sneaking’ the boy/girl into the dorm and falling over each other laughing in the process. You will score extra friend points if you’re moaning, groaning and grunting blocks out the squeaks made by the metal bed frame.
- Leave your wet clothes/dirty underwear/used tissues/used condoms on the floor/bed/someone else’s bed
Remember sharing is caring.
- Invite friends into the dorm in the middle of the night to watch movies
Your dormies will appreciate it more if it’s 2am, they have work the next day and they can hear it through the headphones. Even more so if there aren’t any headphones involved!
- Borrow your dormies clothes/laptop/mp3 players/bags/shoes!
Remember don’t leave a note and don’t ask when doing this. The dormie will be so happy to see you when you get back and commend you on your good style.
(Note: Please not my sarcasm… but I have a bad feeling some of my dorm mates follow these rules!)
Photo credit: apdk